School of Excellence
Duinesig "View of Dunes" was officially opened by the then Director General of Department of Education and Training, Dr. A.B Fourie on 18 March 1983. He handed over the keys to the first principal Mr. W Cloete.
The school started with 430 learners, Standards 2-4 and 15 teachers. Through the years Duinesig has grown and expanded its facilities to accommodate learners. Current enrolment peaks at 1270 learners and 48 teachers from grades 5-12.
The mission of Duinesig C.S. is "to create and implement an appropriate and well-ordered infrastructure in order to convey educational Christian values, relevant knowledge and contextual prescribed school based curriculum for diverse cultural and educational back-grounds, in order to enable and empower an increasing number of learners through partnership with parents and community.
• To support and stimulate learners through childhood and youth, prepare
them for the responsibilities and challenges of adult life and citizens.
• To encourage perseverance, reliability, accountability and respect for the
value and dignity of work.
• To provide knowledge, understanding valve and develop creativity and
practical skills as a solid foundation for academic or vocational training,
meaningful and productive adult life.
• To promote maximal development of the individual learner's potential,
including those with special needs.
• To foster and promote the spiritual and religious well-being of learners
with regard o the diversity and freedom of beliefs and to lay a foundation
for the development of human resources and economic growth of the